From the pyramids to skyscrapers
“End Polio Now” message beamed on to monuments worldwide
Iconic landmarks around the world were illuminated with the “End Polio Now” message the week of 23 February in honour of Rotary’s 105th anniversary. Landmarks lit up included:
- the Pyramid of Khafre in Egypt
- the Taipei Arena in Taiwan
- the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia, Spain
- the Old Port Captain’s Office on the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town
- the Obelisk of Buenos Aires, Argentina
- the Royal Palace at Caserta in Italy.
As the world closes in on polio, Rotary is in the midst of a US$ 200 million fundraising campaign to finally eradicate the disease.
Country experiences show that success on polio transition is context specific.
Global leaders commit to ending polio once and for all
21 May 2023
From Polio to Progress
G7 Heads of State and Health Ministers call for global support to achieving lasting polio-free world by 2026, ahead of WHA
Leaders commend polio value for broader public health emergencies and call for strengthened support to achieve polio-free world
After years of engagement with local communities to battle outbreaks and provide essential services, female frontline workers in Pakistan are now being offered a seat at the policymaking table.