Grants and Collaborations
The Polio Research Committee’s call for proposals
Research proposals that support the Polio Eradication & Endgame Strategic Plan 2013-2018 may be submitted for review and funding recommendation to the Polio Research Committee (PRC). Preference will be given to proposals developed by GPEI partner agencies and their research collaborators. However, other institutions may also submit a proposal if it addresses our priorities.
The current priority of the Polio Research Committee is to generate data supporting first two objectives of the Polio Eradication & Endgame Strategic Plan 2013 – 2018:
• Assess the feasibility and impact of IPV use in campaigns in infected and endemic areas
• Enhance monitoring of quality of polio vaccination campaigns in security compromised areas
• Evaluate innovative methods for enhancing AFP/environmental surveillance in high risk areas for poliovirus importation
• Assess innovative methods to increase community acceptance of polio vaccination
• Explore communication strategies for IPV introduction into routine immunization
• Develop affordable IPV options (i.e. intradermal IPV administration techniques, adjuvants, new noninfectious IPV strains)
If you have a proposal to submit, please send it by emailing the completed application form [MS Word] to firstname.lastname@example.org. The current application deadline has passed; we will publish the deadline for the new round in September 2017.
In order to be considered, applicants must turn in a complete research proposal by the deadline. Applications that are incomplete or have missing parts will not be considered. If the proposal is considered to meet our priority, the proposal will be forwarded to the Committee for their consideration.
Refer to detailed guidelines with information on how to prepare a proposal for submission to the Polio Research Committee.